Software Engineer. DET/PA
Full-Time Position - Detroit
Hiring a Software Developer in Detroit, MI! Our client is hiring Software Engineers for full time direct hire positions. They are building Mobility Cloud platform, an open platform which connects vehicles, people, and cities. Our client imagines a world where smart systems work in unison to eliminate congestion, accelerate travel, reduce pollution, and improve safety. They need your help to craft the products and services that will help turn that vision into a reality.
How do you process signals from millions of vehicles simultaneously in near-realtime? How would you build a customized ride-hailing service? What insights can we provide utilities about energy usage from smart-charging electric vehicles? These are the kinds of challenges our client's Software Engineers are working on.
Does This Sound Like You?
You are a passionate, creative, and collaborative Software Engineer with the vision to see where our client's technology is going and the drive to roll up your sleeves and implement the details.
- You love building high-quality software products in an open, collaborative environment. In fact, you prefer working on teams with an iterative, agile approach where you deploy to production multiple times a day.
- Collaboration means a lot to you, beyond just code reviews. You love pair programming and hashing out designs as a team in front of a whiteboard. And you understand that brilliant idea is no good if you can't communicate it clearly to others in your team room and across our client's offices in Palo Alto, Toronto, or Seattle.
- You stand by your code and are willing to support it in production. Our client's team members rotate pager duty, so we write clean, well-tested software that keeps the system reliable and fault-tolerant.
- Software is more to you than just writing code. You want to be involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, from conceptual design and development to operations and support.
- You can build high performance distributed systems solving large scale engineering challenges, and are confident working with some of the tools and architectural patterns that support those. Microservices, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL – no problem.
- Java and Spring are well-worn tools in your toolbox. You know how to get the best out of them, while also recognizing their limits. Our client's primary products are APIs – with REST, gRPC, and WebSocket interfaces that are easy to use.
- You enjoy automated testing and Test-Driven Development, and feel safe continuously refactoring because you know that safety harness is strong enough to catch any potential regressions.
- Feedback is essential for continuous improvement, so you embrace both giving and receiving direct feedback with your team. This leads to better code, better collaboration, and more opportunities for growth.
- You operate with a high sense of urgency and are comfortable in a startup environment where each person pulls their weight and wears many hats.
- Working in downtown Detroit and being a part of its growing tech community excites you.
We Are An Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
United States Work Authorization
All applicants MUST be authorized to work in the United States. Any applicants not meeting this criteria will not be notified and will not be considered eligible for the position.
Apply for this Job